Monday, August 15, 2011

New Beginnings

Week 11: This is a week of new beginnings...my baby starts kindergarten! I can't believe how fast the time has flown by. We spent the week getting ready for the first day. I took Mary Virginia to meet her teacher on Monday. She also had kindergarten testing that day...she loved her teacher and her classroom. I think she wanted to stay and play on Monday! We had a little break and then then boys went on Thursday and the girls went on Friday for their first full day!

After getting ready for school and a trip to the library (of course), we decided that we needed a "last day of freedom" to play and celebrate with anything that MV wanted to do. She chose to go to yet another new playground that we found near our church. I still can't say enough about this state and their parks...another great one...and no sand!!! The kids had fun running around and I was able to sit in the shade at the picnic tables and watch them - the park was gated so that they could not escape! This park was built for handicap accessibility and it was wide open and easy for John Bay to play!






And what "last day" would be complete without a Happy Meal and a trip to "Old McDonald's" (MV's version).

And then the much anticipated 1st day of kindergarten...MV was so excited to put on her uniform and get ready to go. (John Bay wouldn't stop running around long enough to pause for a picture.) Here she is showing off her uniform and her new lunch box...JB and I weren't really sure how to handle ourselves as we drove through the carpool line...I kept telling myself that I was not going to cry and I did really well as she jumped out of the car and ran into the school without even looking back. As we were pulling away, JB piped up in the backseat and said "hey mommy, are we just going to leave here there." That is the point where I completely lost it. Through the sobs, I answered "she has to go to school today, so we had to drop her off." And the happy voice from the back seat responded "OK then, let's go home and play." I couldn't help but smile.. and we did just that, we went home and played all morning.

After a full day of school, MV was off to riding lessons again. I know I have said it before, but we are so lucky to have found this barn! MV loves the lessons and JB loves the dirt! He even found a swing - I swear he can find a swing to play on anywhere we go! He had the most fun climbing the horse pins and playing in the dirt! He even got a bath with the horses!


While JB was getting dirty...MV was working hard with her lessons. Ms. Abby even set up an obstacle course for MV and Bailey to try out! They had a fun lesson and worked really hard. She is really showing great progress and learning so much!
The weekend turned out to be pretty uneventful - I was planning to register MV for dancing on Saturday when she surprised me and told me that she would rather do Girl Scouts. So, instead of heading to the dance studio, we went to the Girl Scouts meeting and registration. MV is so excited...they don't even have a full kindergarten troop yet, but she wants to know when they are starting! So, y'all get ready for the cookies!! We met another one of the other girls her age that wanted to do Girl Scouts and it turns out they go to the same school and she lives one street over from us! Things are really looking up! Saturday lead to a fun afternoon of yard work and playing in the pool in the backyard with some of the girls in the neighborhood and then the best part...family pizza and game night!

Sunday we had a breakfast at church to meet the kids' Sunday School Teachers. It was a nice way to start the morning and a good way to meet some people in the church. The people at this church are so nice and are wonderful to the kids! Once again, we are so lucky to have found a place where we feel welcome!


Anyway, it has been a slow week as school is in full swing. MV had her first homework project to get us adjusted to being in school! JB is having a blast playing and exploring the house without a big sister around to tell him what to do! Ed is busy at work and I am painting more and more - and loving it (check out my artwork pages).














No comments:

Post a Comment