Friday, November 4, 2011

Halloween!

Let the Trick or Treating begin!

We started the festivities a day early....the kids wanted to go Trunk or Treating with our church. The church has purchased some property to build a new facility. They have somewhat of a pavilion in the middle of the property and this is where they have some of their gatherings. It was perfect for a night of Trunk or Treat! It was fun to see how creative everyone was with their cars and trucks and pumpkin carving. I am amazed at how much everyone decorated! The kids had a ball seeing their friends and getting a jump start on the candy!
Monday morning it was time for a little more Trunk or Treat...but at Mary Virginia's school! John Bay chose all of the decorations for the car and told me where to put them! We had fun hanging out at the school, meeting new friends and neighbors, and seeing all of the kids dressed up! John Bay had fun playing and handing out candy - he thought he was one of the big kids!


I guess he had a little too much candy!



Then we were ready for the big night! The girls from across the street went with Ed and the kids! I love how our neighborhood does trick or treat...everyone sits out in their driveways or on the sidewalks and then kids just go up and down the street (it felt like being back on a military base). If no one is outside, they don't ring the doorbell. It made things so easy for Bandit! Will have to remember this for the future - from now on, you will find me outside with my bucket of candy!




Now, what do we do with all of this candy!

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl,
    Thank you so much for my cute Alabama Big Al! I know that was hard for you to do:) You know you didn't have to do that!!! Anyhoo, I love it. I'm glad I now have your blog address! It's great to see your kids. They look like they are enjoying their new home. Leslie

    ReplyDelete