Thursday, September 22, 2011

It's in the Stars!

Week 16: This week was all about being a STAR! Mary Virginia was the star student at school this week. She had homework over the weekend which was to create an "All About Me" poster. You know that we had that poster decorated beyond belief! She had so much fun writing and drawing pictures of all of her favorite things! Through the week, the star student gets to do all sorts of fun activities: telling the class all about yourself, reading your favorite book, wearing a special t-shirt, getting a special prize necklace from the principal, a star student bracelet, a book from the class, and the most fun - I got to eat lunch with her class! That is the most fun group of kindergartners! I learned all about the lunch line and what it means to be on "red cup" (you can't talk to anyone and you have to be on your best behavior). I also was able to stay and play for recess! The book from her class was one of the most precious things - everyone in the class wrote something that they liked about MV. The consensus is that she is quiet, follows directions, and she does all her work.

We also had the first night of Girl Scouts this week! There are 6 girls in the troop and MV loved every minute of it. They all seemed very energetic and excited to start on this adventure together. This is going to be a very special group of girls...and we found out that 2 of the girls live in our neighborhood! I can't believe our luck! We are working on getting her uniform ready, so as soon as I have that ready, I know she will want to share pictures!




Our "adventure" of the week was Crawfish Pie! I said that I was going to try it out and I did! I wasn't sure about this, it just doesn't sound that great to me. I mean do you really think of seafood when you think of pie? I do not! I will be the first to admit that I was wrong...It was fabulous and I can't wait to bring the recipe back to Alabama! I just have to figure out how to get crawfish up there!!!


The weekend went the same as always lately - we are getting our rest for our fall weekend schedule starting next week...it is going to be busy with all of the fall festivals in the area! We had a Saturday full of playing at the playground, football, and a birthday party!


This is John Bay mastering yet another spider web!
And Mary Virginia trying to master the monkey bars!

We had so much fun at the birthday party! It was just MV and a couple of the boys from her class, but they had a blast and lived up the Toy Story Theme. Here they are waiting very patiently for cake! I couldn't catch them long enough to get an after picture, but I will tell you that they were green and blue from head to toe (icing). It has been fun getting to know the families of all the kids in MV's kindergarten class!


We are looking forward to an eventful weekend next weekend - so get ready for some pictures! We have a fall festival at the Rural Life Museum! I can't wait, I was told that it is amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment