Sunday, October 9, 2011

Rodeo Round Up!

I know I am a week late updating this...but please bear with me - it has been a busy week!

Week 18: We are really getting into the busy fall season here in the Whatley house! This week was especially hectic for us! Mary Virginia had another Girl Scout meeting this week. It is so much fun to watch all of the girls playing together and learning! (I forgot the uniform picture, but I will get one at the next meeting) This week in scouts, the girls talked about planting a garden, and they all had the chance to plant some seeds to make an herb garden. We were the lucky ones that got to bring the garden home...and we have been watching it grow!!! We can't wait to take it to the meeting in two weeks and show all of our friends the progress of our sage, dill, and lettuce!

We are still trying to get used to a state where there is only 1 college football team and there is a pro team! John Bay has spirit day on Thursdays at his school - and I get the idea that Auburn gear is not the norm...who would have thought that they don't recognize orange and blue as school spirit colors? As we are attempting to embrace the area...don't worry, I didn't buy anything purple and gold...we went for the Saints look, and he loved it!

We also had a very special Thursday...Math & Science Night, which was a Rodeo Roundup! The kids got to dress up like cowboys and cowgirls for school, MV was so excited not to wear her uniform and she borrowed my hat! (We were running late and I didn't get the picture before we left for school!) She made such a cute cowgirl! The whole family made it to Math Night. We were able to walk from classroom to classroom and meet all of the teachers and play math games! It was such a cute idea and a great way to get to know the teachers and other families! And what rodeo would be complete without a hot dog supper! John Bay had a blast - he thought he was a big kid running around the elementary school! (I don't know how those ladies did it, but this is one of the first pictures where both kids are looking at the camera at the same time! I think I need to hire them to take some family pictures!) This was one of the activities at Math Night!


To wrap up the week we celebrated Gigi's birthday! The kids decided to make her a birthday sign and then sing "happy birthday". They asked me to video it and then send it to her! I hope it made her day! I wish we could have been there with Gigi, but we will see her in a week!


And of course, our new experience of the week - the fall street fair through the antique district in Denham Springs! Such fun! While Ed and MV went out in search of food - Jambalaya and hot dogs...JB and I found the Rescue Greyhound Group and played with all of the puppies! He thought the dogs were amazing and most of them were taller than him! This was such as fun event, I only wish we could have stayed longer...but we had to watch some football!

We are gearing up for next week and a trip to the beach with our friends from Birmingham!

P.S. I have a shameless plug...the Fall Product Sales for Girl Scouts started...if anyone needs any magazines, candy or nuts, please let us know! I will be happy to get you some information!


No comments:

Post a Comment